Introduction to Prevention of Violence Against Women (PVAW)
This Course provides an online introduction to the Prevention of Violence Against Women (PVAW) and will build your understanding of the issue of violence against women, the gendered drivers of violence, myths and truths, the evidence base and what primary prevention action can be taken to prevent violence against women.
This is a great introductory Course to help you develop foundational knowledge to support further studies in gender equity and prevention of violence against women.
On completion of this Course you will have acquired introductory knowledge about:
- what violence against women is
- the level of prevalence of violence against women
- the gendered nature of violence against women
- attitudes to violence against women
- Truths and Myths about violence against women
- the evidence base underpinning violence against women
- drivers of violence against women and gender inequality
- Primary prevention of violence against women
- what you can do to take action.
This Course aims to provide you with an introduction to violence against women and approaches to prevention of this violence.
This Course includes resources and self-paced interactive content with check your knowledge points throughout and an option for further reading.
Time and assessment
This Course will take approximately 45 minutes to complete. The Course does not include an assessment but does require you to check your knowledge and understanding as you progress through the Course.
On completion of this Course a Certificate of Completion will be issued.
Why do this course
The Course will help you develop foundational knowledge to support further studies or work in gender equity and the prevention of violence against women.
This Course is suitable for all audiences.
A desire to understand why the prevention of violence against women is important in society.