Masterclass Series – Capturing change for the primary prevention of violence against women
This Masterclass aims to build your skills and confidence to undertake effective monitoring and evaluation as part of primary prevention of violence against women (PVAW) and family violence initiatives.
This Masterclass explores the key theoretical approaches and practice frameworks that guide primary prevention evaluation in Victoria, supporting you to reflect on your own practice and experience.
Throughout this course you will be supported to unpack some of the key challenges to putting this work into practice and will work with other experienced practitioners to explore opportunities to overcome these challenges.
On completion of this Course you will:
- have built on your existing monitoring and evaluation knowledge and practice experience in a shared learning space amongst your peers
- have increased your understanding of the current PVAW evaluation context
- have increased your understanding of good practice approaches to PVAW evaluation
- feel greater confidence to address some of the challenges and opportunities of designing and implementing effective primary prevention evaluation, including developing indicators; data collection methods and analysis; and sharing learnings and dissemination of findings.
Note: While an intersectional lens has been embedded across this training, there is also a is also a section of the Course Interactive Webinar specifically focusing on intersectional practice.
To bring together mid, senior and expert level practitioners in a supported space to work through practical activities that will build their skills and confidence to undertake effective monitoring and evaluation as part of primary prevention of violence against women (PVAW) and family violence initiatives.
This Masterclass includes two 3-hour interactive online webinars and a number of self-paced activities to complete prior to attending the first webinar.
Time and assessment
This Masterclass will take approximately 7 hours to complete, including self-directed activities/reading and two 3-hour interactive webinars. The Masterclass does not include an assessment but does require interactive engagement by participants in webinar activities.
On completion of this Masterclass a Certificate of Completion will be issued.
Why do this course
The WHV Masterclass Series is aimed at mid-senior level practitioners who are undertaking the primary prevention of violence against women and would like to deepen their knowledge in any of the areas of PVAW communication, monitoring and evaluation or gender transformative practice. These interactive workshops allow you to learn from discussion and exploration, activities, experienced facilitators and your peers. If you are working in PVAW in any setting and have a solid understanding of the drivers of violence you will find value in the Masterclass series.
This Masterclass is for mid to senor level practitioners to work through activities to build skills and confidence to undertake good practice primary prevention monitoring and evaluation.
This Masterclass is for practitioners with strong PVAW knowledge as described in the foundational knowledge capabilities in the PFV&VAW Capability Framework. Practitioners will be supported to build their skills and knowledge across a range of capabilities including:
- Ability 1d: Able to identify monitoring and evaluation systems to capture outcomes
- Ability 2h: Able to monitor progress of initiatives and implement changes to initiatives as required
- Ability 3b: Able to analyse and document the key outcomes and learnings of initiatives
- Ability 3d: Able to document and implement dissemination and communication plans
Each online delivery is capped at 20 participants. Minimum numbers apply in order for the scheduled training to proceed.
This Masterclass is designed for practitioners working in the PVAW sector. Participants are required to have a strong understanding of violence against women, primary prevention, Change the Story, and the causes/drivers of violence against women as this content will not be covered in the workshop.
Looking for more dates?
Fill in your details below and we will send you a list of available dates for this course.