This short course explores the key concepts and approaches that inform and enable a gender equal workplace.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the role gender plays in workplace inequality
- Develop strategies to address barriers to, and create opportunities for, gender equality in the workplace
- Identify benefits of promoting gender equity in the workplace
- Recognise ways to promote gender equity
- Identify tools that support gender equality in the workplace
This short course has four modules followed by a final assessment.
- Module 1: Gender Equality is a workplace issue
- Module 2: How Gender Equality persists in the workplace
- Module 3: Why does Gender Equality persist in the workplace
- Module 4: Ways to promote Gender Equality in the workplace
Time and assessment
This short course will take approximately three hours to complete.
There are a number of practice activities at the end of each module to help you check your knowledge.
You will be assessed at the end of the course. For this final assessment, you have an unlimited number of attempts, but you must score 80% to complete this course.
On completion of this course a digital badge will be issued. A digital badge is an authenticated, online representation of the knowledge acquired and can be shared via a range of online platforms.
Why do this course
Workplace gender equity is crucial for today’s workplace. Gender equality boosts productivity, innovation and performance in all industries. It improves workplace conditions and supports all employees to fully participate in the workforce and achieve their career aspirations.
Why do a Microcredential?
This Microcredentials is an online credential that has been developed by industry for industry, ensuring its relevance to the professional development needs of the emerging workforce contributing to gender equality and the prevention of violence against women in the workplace. This Microcredential is suitable for any person who seeks an understanding and awareness of gender equity and the prevention of violence in the workplace.
This course was originally developed in 2018 in conjunction with RMIT University.