The Course in Gender Equity is Australia’s first accredited gender equity training program. The Course will equip individuals with the knowledge, skills and solutions to engage in gender equity work and identify and address gender equality issues in the workplace.
Gender inequality is a recognised social issue in Australia, as evidenced by the plethora of national, state and local strategies, plans and legal instruments developed to address it at its core.
The Course in Gender Equity has been accredited under Part 4.4 and 4.6 of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 with the Victorian Registration & Qualifications Authority (VRQA), accreditation period 1 Aug 2019 to 31 July 2024.
The Course was developed with the support of the Victorian Government.
The Victorian TAFE network and Community Based Adult Education Provider’s that hold a Victorian Government Contract can access these resources direct from the Victorian Department of Education & Training, email email@example.com to find out more.
The Course in Gender Equity is Australia’s first accredited gender equity training program, the course will equip individuals with the knowledge, skills and solutions to engage in gender equity work and identify and address gender equality issues in the workplace.
A graduate who has completed the full Course in Gender Equity will have the knowledge and skills to engage in gender equity work, specifically to:
- understand gender equity theories, frameworks and regulatory environments that influence gender equity work
- develop a gender lens and apply that lens to own work role using reflective practice
- support gender equity within the workplace as it relates to policy and practices and engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- apply a gender lens to the design, management and monitoring of a work context
- complete a gender assessment of a work context such as a workplace policy, program or service
The Course in Gender Equity curriculum package comes with a suite of mapped teaching and learning resources ready for immediate delivery and an online virtual workplace.
Access the Course in Gender Equity brochure here.
Course nominal hours are 294 hours.
This package includes all teaching materials required to deliver and assess all units from the Course in Gender Equity as standalone units, including.
- Curriculum Document Sections A and B
- Implementation Guide and Curriculum Document Section C – Unit of Competency
- Sample Training & Assessment Strategy
- RPL Tool
- Assessment Guides, Tools and Mapping Documents
- Session Plans, handouts and activities
- Gender Equity Style Guideline Licensee Instructions
- Virtual Workplace (SCORM Package)
2022 Course update, to reflect new changes to the evidence base and actions required to update resources to support this new evidence.
Additional resources to support delivery
Learning Resources are available for each unit from the Course in Gender Equity including Learner Guide, Mapping Document and Glossary of Terms, also available as a course bundle.
WHV recommends that Teaching gender equity: a toolkit for teaching gender equity units of competency is read by trainers delivering this course.
Following payment, a link will be made available and emailed to the purchaser with details on how to download the teaching resources.
The teaching resources will be provided as a zipped file with a suite of Microsoft Word documents, PDFs and PowerPoints, all teaching resources are fully editable.
For further information on the Course in Gender Equity please email firstname.lastname@example.org.